WeReallyLovePhotos is proud to announce an upgrade in our submission rules and guidelines.WeReallyLovePhotos
is by now a well established group that has been growing at a fast and steady pace over the past three years. We are very proud of that, but it has also brought a constant increase in the submission rate, and to be able to cope with it as efficiently as ever, we are implementing an update to our submission rules and quality standards.
SUBMISSION LIMIT1 deviation per folder per day
PHOTOGRAPHYPhotos may be declined for the following reasons:
- the subject is out of focus
- the noise amount is overwhelmingly high
- relevant parts of the image are over- or underexposed with blown highlights and shadows
- the image quality is very low (i.e. degradated pixels due to bad compression or excessive editing)
- the editing has gone so far that the photo looks fake and/or unnatural in a distasteful way
- the shot is nothing more than a plain snapshot, hence it doesn't involve any artistic element, technique, or impact
- any side of your image is smaller than 500px
- every stock resource used must be listed in the description
- the "pieces" composing your work should be well blended together. Manips including elements that have been too evidently cropped and pasted - hence not showing much finishing effort - are likely to be declined.
- any side of your image must be 500px and larger
STOCK AND RESOURCES
- We are no longer accepting Resources and Stock deviations that are plain image previews with links to off-site resources.
- Stock photos will also be reviewed based on their purpose and degree of useful- or uselessness in a photomanipulation work.
- All deviations carrying the official dA watermark will be automatically declined without further quality review.
- The use of other highly distracting watermarks is discouraged, and is subject to the staff's review.
By 'distracting', we mean:
- extra large watermarks
- watermarks that cover the subject of your work or any relevant part of the image
- crazily colored watermarks (i.e. bright red, green, or purple) not matching the image's colours
- watermarks with a questionable font choice (i.e. pixelated text due to bad compression or "cheap" post processing software)
- Once again, we would like to encourage you to pay attention the gallery folder you select when you're submitting your artwork to the group.
- All WRONG FOLDER SUBMISSIONS will be declined without feedback.